The firm has a proven track record of successfully delivering high value legal advice to clients and is led by an experienced attorney with an extensive background managing multiple complex projects, providing advice regarding legal obligations, and representing client interests at both the personal and business levels.
We are well-versed in the financial and strategic needs of many types of organizations, businesses, and industries and consistently provide maximum benefits during all aspects of the legal representation.
The primary practice fields are as follows:
- general business law and legal consulting
- art and entertainment law
- internet and social media law
- sports law (including concussions)
- employment law
- collaborative law
- wills and estates/business succession planning
- VISAs - athletes/artists/ entertainment groups
- securities law - form D investment advising
- contract negotiation, review, and development
- federal workers' compensation
For sports and entertainment representation only, apply at www.breedllc.com.
REPRESENTATION. LOYALTY. COUNSEL.
Finding an attorney can sometimes seem like a daunting task. In fact, there may be times when you really only need an attorney to make sure you're on the right page or to provide you with consultation services as you work on a project. You've gotten most of the work done, but you want to have an attorney to call...just to double-check.
business in-house counsel
Companies should not have to forgo in-house counsel just because they're small, new, or under-financed. Establishing an in-house counsel relationship with an attorney by retaining legal services in advance can save you time and often save you money also. As your company's needs grow and change, you will have counsel who grows with you, someone who knows and understands your business needs.
collaborative law services
When issues threaten to divide and conquer your company, we sometimes think that a lawsuit is the answer. But lawsuits can be expensive. Even worse, they provide an opportunity for your private business matters to become publicly scrutinized. Whether it's a contractual dispute with an outside party or an internal matter among the business owners, partners, or employees, when your business brand is on the line, you need to consider every possible option for resolution.
workshops & seminars
Whether you need workshops to teach your employees about your company policies or workshops for students learning about legal issues relating to starting a business, we welcome the opportunity to work with you to craft the workshop that fits your needs. Past workshops have included: social media law, starting a business, independent contractor agreements, film financing, employee v. independent contractor status, and more.
The firm works with a variety of businesses, universities, event planners, corporate trainers, and organizations in meeting their needs for speaking engagements. If you have an event with breakout tracks, networking occasions, keynotes, roundtables, or hands-on sessions, the firm has the experience to present on a long list of topics of interest relating to small businesses, entrepreneurship, social-legal issues relating to business development, new media, and many emerging and trending topics in our practice areas.
General Business Law and Legal Consulting Services, including
- Entity Formation (LLCs, Partnerships, Corporations)
- Operating, Shareholder, and Buy-Sell Agreements
- Business Contracts
- Business Policies and Handbooks
Art and Entertainment Law, including
- Licensing and Distribution
- Releases and Waivers
- Copyright Transfer Agreements
- Work Made for Hire Agreements
- Talent and Management Agreements
Internet and Social Media Law, including
- Defamation and Harassment
- Social Media Policies
- Children's Online Privacy Protection (COPPA)
- Digital Millenium Copyright Act/Takedown Actions
Sports Law, including
- Athlete Representation (NC Registered Athlete Agent)
- Contract Review and Negotiation
- Coach Representation
- Endorsements and Engagements
- Title IX
Employment Law, including
- Policies and Handbooks
- Hiring and Termination
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Confidentiality and Non-compete Agreements
- Separation Package Review
Wills and Estates/Business Succession Planning, including
- Will and Estates Development and Review
- Business Succession Planning
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Business Dissolution and Dissolution Agreements
- Employment Immigration Issues for Businesses
- Immigration - Visas for Athletes
- Immigration - Visas for Performers
- Form D Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities
- Form D Investment Advising (Federal and State)
- Private Placement Memorandum Advising
Contract Negotiation, Review, and Development
If you are interested in a service that is not listed, please contact the firm.
ADVOCACY. SUPPORT. STRATEGY.
industries and businesses represented
Arts & Entertainment
Graphic & Design Artists
Athletic Facility Owners
Entertainment Venue Owners